- Candidate must be a graduate of any 4 or 5-year IT-related courses (Bachelor’s/College Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Engineering or equivalent)
- No work experience required but must be a fast learner to acquire knowledge on new technologies
- With BOOTCAMP Training prior to EMPLOYMENT.
- Must be highly motivated, team player and hard working
- Willing to work and be deployed in office locations within Metro Manila (Taguig, Eastwood or Mandaluyong)
- Preferred candidates who can start ASAP.
- 50 Full-Time and Contract position(s) available
- The primary responsibility is to perform test execution using test scripts or test scenarios. In most cases, a test script containing step-by-step instructions will be provided. On cases where only test scenarios are provided describing a business transaction or event and condition, test engineer should be able to determine proper steps to be taken to execute the test.
- Validate test results (expected vs actual results). If there are discrepancies found, properly document the potential defect with details of execution done, data used, and functionality in the appropriate tool/repository.
- Depending on the complexity of the application, the tester may be provided actual test data in a test environment or a test data profile where the tester then creates test data using the application itself or through table and file edits.
- As necessary, work with the development team to resolve the issue and prioritizing tasks. Work with supervisors to provide status, escalate issues, and resolve challenges.
- Perform retest of work after correction has been made on the program.
- Determine if the overall status of the program is working or not.
- Test-engineer should inform (any) concerns that may affect the product and quality plans to the management team.
- For the stronger or experienced testers, they may be asked to create test scripts detailing test steps to be taken based on test scenarios and functional designs.
- For some testers, they may be asked to execute automated test scripts using standard HP or IBM or similar automation tools.
- In some cases, testers with good communication skills will have the exposure to deal with foreign counterparts